Are you worn out browsing the web just to search for the best company that offers coffered ceilings? If your answer is yes, you don’t need to worry anymore since our Crown Mouldings and Trimwork Professionals in Toronto are the perfect option to hire and consider. In the present time, there are a huge number of companies that offer coffered ceilings however it is very important that you select the superb company that you can rely on and trust. Choosing for the best provider of coffered ceilings is not an easy task at all since it normally requires effort, patience, time, dedication, commitment and intensive research to make sure that you will obtain great results in just a short period of time.
How to Install Coffered Ceilings?
If you are planning to add character and dimension to a plain and simple room, nothing beats the traditional look of a coffered ceiling. Constructing coffered ceilings on your own can be a daunting task however when you know the simple and easy to follow steps in installing coffered ceilings, you will come up with great outcome. The simple steps in installing coffered ceilings are as follows:
• In installing coffered ceilings, the first thing that you need to do is to locate the joists. It is also important to work out your design on graph paper together with the major features and mapping lights of the room. Mark and measure where your beams will meet the walls and make use of painter’s tape to simulate them. By doing this, you can easily foresee how the pattern fits your room. It is also highly recommended to use a stud finder to locate the ceiling joists.
• The next thing to do is to make a deadman. You can make use of drill or scrap lumber to make a T-shaped deadman and make sure that it is shorter than the height of your ceiling. It will hold one end of the beam against the ceiling as you work.
• The next step is to cut a beam. Measure the first main perimeter beam. If your room is irregular or square, begin with a perimeter beam that runs perpendicular to the joists to create a firm connection to the ceiling. Cut the beam with the use of your miter saw and apply panel adhesive to the length of the beam. You should also bear in mind that the beams need to be tight to the ceiling at the joists however any gaps that appear between joists will be covered later by the molding.
• Nail the beam in place
• Scribe the perimeter crossbeams
• Cut along the scribe
• Shim the seam
• Snap a Chalk line
• Cut the main beams
• Cut the crossbeams
• Mark joint locations on the crossbeams
• Toenail the joints
• Scribe the molding
• Finish-Cut the molding
• Nail and Glue the molding
• Prep and paint
The steps on how to install coffered ceilings that are stated above will serve as your guide and key to have perfect coffered ceilings at your home. However, if you’re looking for a professional installation team, call us today. Visit our office in Vaughan to see your choices and speak to our contracting team.